Skype and VoIP phones
Not sure if you want a wireless handset or one to connect to your computer? Do you want a dual phone or one with conference call facilities? With so many different types of Skype and VoIP phones to choose from, take a look at our top 5 best handsets and see what users had to say about them.
1. IPEVO Skype USB Handset (FR33.1 and FR33.2).
Available in both black and white, some of the key features of this phone include:
- Easy to use buttons that make finding contact lists faster. You can also see your contacts online status straightaway on the handset itself.
- The ability to record all voice or phone conversations. All audio files can then be stored on your computer hard drive.
- Removal of background interference noise. Users have said that using this phone sounds like their contacts are calling them from a landline rather than over Skype.
- With the 33.1 version, you can activate Skype at a touch of a button and the simple to use keypad makes dialling Skype-Out numbers much easier.
Both are good quality products that have decent price points starting from £24.99.
2. SMC Skype wireless VoIP phone.
Although it`s the most expensive cordless Skype handset at £80.99, this SMC phone is also a Wi-Fi phone, so you can literally make national and international calls from anywhere you like.
When calling landlines, you can use Skype`s paid services such as Skype-In and Skype-Out. Just connect to your Skype account and select from your contact list.
Users agree that it provides excellent value for money. It`s well built, solid and works with many Internet talk software packages such as SKYPE, ICQ, MSN and Google Talk.
3. RTX Dualphone 3088 cordless Skype phone.
Users describe this handset as probably the "best dual phone available on the market today". Not only can you use this as a landline, but by using your broadband connection, you can make international calls without having to use your computer.
They were impressed with the RTX Dualphone`s indoor range of up to 50 metres and outdoor range of over 300 metres. Talk time on this phone is also over 10 hours.
The ease of setting up the phone on their computers was also a plus point, with the average time being around 5 -10 minutes. It also gives you the option to choose Skype-Out or Landline.
4. USB 2.4GHz wireless Skype/SIP/VoIP Dual Phone.
This phone itself is slim and lightweight. It also has a high quality base station with a built in speaker which makes it ideal for conference calls, as well as having an indoor range of up to 50 metres.
You can use the caller ID function where you can see your Skype contacts and their online status. You can also view your calling history on the handset (in any language).
Users particularly liked the noise reduction and digital echo cancellation and auto-selected RF channel for improved voice quality.
5. USB Skype/SIP/VoIP Phone.
Though it may be the cheapest in our range at £9.89, it doesn`t take anything away from the ease and simplicity of this phone. No matter what users want to use, this phone is completely geared up for all Skype functions. You can add or delete someone during the Skype conference and if you`re not using Skype, with SIP services you can also use VoIPTalk, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.
But if you are looking to use other internet services while on the move and make free calls to non-Skype users, take a look at the latest LG phones
that range from 9 to 24 month contracts.